Golden Gate Quartet - Gospel 1937 - 1941 mp3 album
Title: Gospel 1937 - 1941
Date of release: 1997
Size MP3: 1596 mb
Size FLAC: 1560 mb
Format: MMF APE VOC ADX AUD MP1 XM
2012 Original Album Plus Bonus Tracks. Golden Gate Quartet & Associates, Vol. 2: 1941-1952. Golden Gate Quartet, Orlandus Wilson, Henry Owens, Clyde Riddick, Alton Bradley.
Its 18 tracks, constituting a little less than one-eighth of the material reissued by Document in its six-volume Golden Gate Quartet series, offer an excellent sampling of this dependably coordinated unit's earlier works. Although the Gates handled a fair amount of secular material during the period in question, this handful of chestnuts is primarily drawn from the devotional repertoire on which their reputation was built and is still being sustained.
The Golden Gate Quartet (aka The Golden Gate Jubilee Quartet) is an American vocal group. It was formed in 1934 and, with changes in membership, remains active. It is the most successful of all of the African-American gospel music groups who sang in the jubilee quartet style.
The Golden Gate Quartet. The Golden Gate Quartet. View full artist profile. Play all. Mahalia Jackson.
The Golden Gate Quartet (. The Golden Gate Jubilee Quartet) is an American vocal group. It was formed in 1931 and, with changes in membership, remains active. It is the most successful of all of the African-American Doo-wop music groups who sang in the jubilee quartet style. The group was founded as the Golden Gate Jubilee Singers in 1934, by four students at Booker T. Washington High School in Norfolk, Virginia.
Golden Gate Jubilee Quartet, Golden Gate Quartet - I Looked Down the Road and Wondered 02:53. Golden Gate Quartet - Every Time That I Feel the Spirit 02:49. Golden Gate Quartet - Our Father 02:05. Golden Gate Quartet - Jezebel 02:49. Golden Gate Quartet, Ирвинг Берлин - My Walking Stick 02:19. Golden Gate Quarter, Golden Gate Quartet - Massa's In the Cold Cold Ground 02:49. Golden Gate Quartet - Golden Gate Gospel Train 02:38. Golden Gate Quartet - Lead Me On and On 02:08. Golden Gate Quartet - Saints Go Marching In 02:14.
Popular albums by this artist. SongMeanings is a place for discussion and discovery.
|1||Massa' In The Cold Cold Ground||2:45|
|2||Saints Go Marching In||2:11|
|3||Golden Gate Gospel Train||2:34|
|4||Gabriel Blows His Horn||2:21|
|5||Lead Me On And On||2:05|
|7||Preacher And The Bear||2:30|
|9||Take Your Burdens To God||3:15|
|11||Packing Up - Getting Ready To Go||1:55|
|12||Born Ten Thousand Years Ago||1:51|
|13||Jonah In The Whale||2:22|
|14||I Looked Down The Roas And Wondered||2:49|
|15||Everytime I Feel The Spirit||2:46|
|16||My Walking Sticks||2:16|
|17||Daniel Saw The Stones||2:40|
- Manufactured By – DADC Austria – A0100211921-0101
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Frémeaux & Associés
- Copyright (c) – Frémeaux & Associés
- Baritone Vocals – Willie Johnson
- Bass Vocals – Orlandus Wilson
- Concept By – Claude Colombini
- Guitar – William Langford (tracks: 12, 15, 18)
- Liner Notes – Jean Buzelin
- Liner Notes [English Translation] – Don Waterhouse
- Producer, Concept By – Patrick Frémeaux
- Tenor Vocals – Clyde Riddick (tracks: 16), Henri Ownes*, William Langford (tracks: 1 to 15, 17, 18)
- Vocals, Guitar – Leadbelly
NotesIncludes 16 pages booklet with liner notes in French and English.
℗ & © Frémeaux et Associés SA
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 3 4489690 205726
- Barcode (Scanned): 3448960205726
- Matrix / Runout: [logo DADC AUSTRIA] A0100211921-0101 14
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L554
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 94S3
- Rights Society: SACEM SDRM SACD SCAM
- Other (Distribution Code): ND 215